Thursday, August 12, 2010

thugz

Made stuff for the Character Design Bi-Weekly today (topic: Thugs with ugly mugs)!

My mom's a first grade teacher and I go in at the beginning of every year to help her set up her classroom. Helping usually means playing with all the awesome toys :). I had tons of manipulatives at my disposal including pattern blocks, links, milk caps, stacking rings, buttons, and snap cubes (not to mention all the office supplies).





Drawing based on the first dude; he was my favorite.


Here's a thug for life. Cut him and he'll make you cry.
This guy was tons of fun to make. Ears and nose are made out of thin (bust strong) blue plastic from the cover of an old planner from high school. The rest is gold acrylic gouache (for his teeth!), black acrylic gouache, holbein ink, and of course 1 onion. Balancing on onion on your wrist, even with tape, is not as easy as it would seem.

7 comments:

Kevin Lu said...

Ahh these are so fun! I really like the staper nose person and Thug for Life a lot! Your experimentation beyond the practical media intrigue me.

Rob Chandler said...

these are so fantastic. I absolutely love the first two

Sjan Weijers said...

very creative pics you got here! Great stuff, oh and your avatar rocks :)

Stevie said...

I loveeee your work elizabeth, you are going to do great things! :)

Jonathan said...

Very cool

lindsey olivares said...

so goood!!!!

michael robertson said...

wow! your work is wonderful and very unique!